Misoji - 三十路

I was watching Yamada Yuuki (Japanese actor who played Doraken in Tokyo Avengers Live Action)'s interview and he said something about becoming 30 years old. Maybe old interview though, I'm not sure >.<


Yamada Yuuki as Doraken



In the video's caption, I saw this kanji -> 三十路

In my mind, I read the Kanji as "sanjyuuro" because 三十代 is read as "sanjyuudai" and didn't think much of it. 

As I continue watching the video, I noticed that the Kanji was pronounced differently.

It was read as "misoji". Wait!!!

Explanation

According to the post by japanknowledge.com, "soji" is a word that uses 10 as a unit to count numbers. Nowadays it is used exclusively for counting age.

Not only for 30 years old, "soji" is also used for 20, 40 years old etc as below example:


20: 二十路(ふたそじ)futasoji

30: 三十路(みそじ)misoji

40:  四十路(よそじ)yosoji

50: 五十路(いそじ)isoji

60: 六十路(むそじ)musoji

70: 七十路(ななそじ)nanasoji

80: 八十路(やそじ)yasoji

90: 九十路(ここのそじ)kokonosoji


Interesting! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List Barang ke Jepun

Tips Pilih Universiti dan Course (Jepun)

Pecutan akhir Tahun 1 RPKJ Batch 32